Caribbean Vacations
 Register   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Abacos Island where to stay

Reply to topic    Caribbean Travel Forums -> Bahamas Islands

2boys

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008     Post subject: Abacos Island where to stay Reply with quote

We are planning on going to Abacos Island in Oct or Nov for about 3 nights for a romantic anniversary get-a-way. Would like suggestions on which island and where to stay?
Google
Callaloo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008     Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you booked your flights yet? Given how short a trip you are planning, where you land will play a part in where you might want to stay.

If you fly to MHH (Marsh Harbour), I would suggest you stay on Elbow Cay at the Abaco Inn. It's probably the nicest inn on Elbow Cay, though the beach there is not the best (it's got a rocky entry); for a nicer beach, consider Hopetown Harbor Lodge, right on the edge of the Hopetown settlement. Alternatively, consider staying on Great Guana Cay at the Dolphin Beach Resort. Elbow Cay has a bit more activity than Great Guana, but if you're just looking for enough beach and restaurants to fill 3 days, either is probably fine.

If you fly to TCB (Treasure Cay), I would go to Green Turtle Cay and stay at either the Bluff House Inn or the Green Turtle Club. Neither of these is right on a prime beach (they are more marina-oriented), but the great beaches are a short walk or golf cart ride away.

Whatever you do, I hope you understand what you are getting in Abaco. These "hotels" are small, and "rustic chic" at best. They are clean, and comfortable, but don't expect them to be lavish. You will not have a TV or maybe even a phone in your room, and some don't even have AC. It's all about the natural environment and being able to entertain yourself.
StCirq

Fort what it's worth, there's a lot of construction going on right now just opposite and around the Abaco Inn, as well as right around the Sea Spray resort. It wouldn't affect a stay there tremendously, but you might be a bit surprised as you pull up to the entrance to see cranes and piles of dirt all over the place.

For the most part, we loved our stay a few days ago at the Hopetown Harbour Lodge. Apart from a few surly staff and inflated prices for food/drinks, we found it a lovely spot, and the beach was much nicer than the one at Abaco Inn IMO.
ishkribbl

I have stayed there (Boat Harbour- The Abaco Beach Resort) a few times "in transit" (to get back to MHH for a morning flight or arriving too late for the afternoon ferry to Hopetown, etc). The hotel and grounds are nice but there is no real beach- Marsh Harbour is just not a beach place, in my opinion. There is a very nice marina and the main focus there is boaters. There are a few good places to eat in Marsh Harbour- I especially like Wally's and Mangoes) and there are a few shops but it is not a beach destination. If you are trying to "keep it simple" for a short trip, why not look at flying into TCB (Treasure Cay- on Great Abaco mainland) and staying there?
shubhranshu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009     Post subject: hotels in Abacos Island Reply with quote

I would suggest The Abaco Club for your anniversary tour where space can be booked well in advance through travel.justluxe.com or caribbeantravelmag.com like agencies. Besides this, Abaco beach resorts, Abaco hotels, and Abaco beach villas can be found throughout various cities on the islands, which include Marsh Harbour, Elbow Cay, Treasure Cay, Walkers Cay, Spanish Cay and Green Turtle Cay. So, you can select according to your budget and tour plan.
Avdhesh20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009     Post subject: Bahama Beach Club Reply with quote

Hi friend,

i have stayed at Bahama Beach club, i think there will be discounts available too in oct or nov. http://www.bahamabeachclub.com this is there web url.
Nelson John

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010     Post subject: Reply with quote

The Abacos Island is located in northern Bahamas and is a beautiful place to visit and explore with breath taking beaches and wonderful surroundings to see it is known for sailing and other water activities. The hope town is the land mark of the island which is a good place to visit.

The Sammy Beach Resort is a luxurious and comfortable resort and is also inexpensive to stay with lovely facilities and accommodation services.
Reply to topic    Caribbean Travel Forums -> Bahamas Islands All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: