Caribbean Vacations
 Register   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Brand new information!!

Reply to topic    Caribbean Travel Forums -> Cayman Islands

grap6b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008     Post subject: Brand new information!! Reply with quote

Can anyone provide me with first hand information about the Cayman islands? I would like first hand information, not those i can read from travel guides. or the previous informations I get from this forum. I want something fresh and anecdotal. Thanks so much! if you provide at least one. God bless you! Rolling Eyes Very Happy Very Happy
Google
rachard1583

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011     Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cayman Islands first came to the attention of Europe in 1503 when visited by Christopher Columbus, who immediately christened them 'Las Tortugas' due to the abundance of sea turtles found there. But, it wasn't until 1586 that an Englishman, Sir Francis Drake first paid a visit to the Islands and they became the Caymans. Upon visiting the island idyll archipelago he promptly re-named them, again after an animal but this time the creature of choice was the indigenous Cayman crocodile.
aleena

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013     Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely, thanks for sharing such an informative material

Reply to topic    Caribbean Travel Forums -> Cayman Islands All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: