Caribbean Vacations
 Register   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Dolphin Beach - Hibiscus Hall (Abaco /Guana Cay)

Reply to topic    Caribbean Travel Forums -> Bahamas Islands

_vegasbaby_

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008     Post subject: Dolphin Beach - Hibiscus Hall (Abaco /Guana Cay) Reply with quote

I am looking for a rental villa on the ocean in Guana Cay for my mother's birthday celebration. We have it narrowed down to Guana and Turtle, but we are leaning toward Guana. We intend to rent golf carts and rent a boat. Our goal is to be secluded but have our home right on the water. So, we recently stumbled across Dolphin Beach Resort, and specifically Hibiscus Hall cottage (Junkaboo Jive at Dolphin Beach according to the website). Anyone have any experience with this location? My main concern is that I don't want to stay in a hotel or be in a hotel type atmosphere, which is why we are leaning toward a home. By staying at a cottage that's associated with the Dolphin Beach Resort am I running the risk that I won't get what we are looking for, or is it still secluded enough for us.
Google
Dolphin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008     Post subject: Reply with quote

vegasbaby-
seen it, never stayed there- great island and very nice beach. Two concerns: (1) does the "sister" house next door being close (in the photo) bother you and (2) does mom have any mobility limitations? Those are stairs down to the beach in the photo- I remember from Guana that there are a few in some places and alot in others. If these things are ok then I think it is a great choice! I think it would be nice to have "on site" management if there were any maintenance issues you needed help with and also to have their pool, etc. I am sure they would have docks on the Sea of Abaco/harbour side for your rental boat which is also something to consider.
A. from TA
Nelson John

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010     Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dolphin Beach is the beautiful resort located on the colorful beach of Guana Cay. It is an appealing place to visit and stay at the reasonable and fascinating cottage houses which provide all leisure activities and amenities for families and couples. The Hibiscus Hall is a good and secluded place for celebrating your mother's birthday in a peaceful and tranquil atmosphere.
rachard1583

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011     Post subject: Reply with quote

When you travel to Abacos the your commute will consist of a bike or a golf cart. This place has one of the longest most beautiful beaches you can imagine. Walking along the beach the sea is crystal clear and you will see stingrays, hammerheads, starfish and shell fish right off the beach.

Cuba Education Tours
johnmartin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013     Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Last edited by johnmartin on Tue Nov 24, 2015; edited 1 time in total
dennis85

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013     Post subject: Reply with quote

We loved staying at Dolphin Beach. We stayed in Sail Loft and loved having our own private deck right on the dune. We ate breakfast every morning watching sunrise over the Atlantic with the beach to ourselves. It is a perfect quaint beach escape. Nippers, and Docksiders are two great places on the island to eat and there are many places to snorkle right from the beach. Troy and Maria at Dive Guana are great for any of your Diving and Boat Rental needs! The staff is always willing to help and could not have been more friendly. We loved it and will return often. Great Guana Cay is perfect!!!
johnmartin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015     Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible! It looks like you enjoyed lot in tour. Recently, I went to Italy for 1 week. It was awesome experience. Wonderful weather & great people. I would love to go there again.
Reply to topic    Caribbean Travel Forums -> Bahamas Islands All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: