Caribbean Vacations
 Register   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Fishing in the Bahamas

Reply to topic    Caribbean Travel Forums -> Bahamas Islands

slyone

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008     Post subject: Fishing in the Bahamas Reply with quote

I will be taking a trip that will stop in the Bahams soon, and was wanting to arrange a fishing trip. What kind of fish are caught in this region, and is there any charter service you would recommend?
Google
grap6b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008     Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry slyone, i can't recommend you anything on this topic as i have never visited this place before.
sigroid75

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008     Post subject: Reply with quote

grap6b wrote:
sorry slyone, i can't recommend you anything on this topic as i have never visited this place before.

oh that is sad...i have really wanted to go to the bahamas. my aunt and her family had a cruise that docked in the bahamas. since i was small, i had always been intrigued by the caribbean, particularly in the bahamas. oh i love the beach! if only i can get my husband to tag along...Smile
aayposter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008     Post subject: Fishing areas in Bahamas Reply with quote

If you are planning to go to Bahamas , this is something for your information. Hope you will find it useful -

The South East and North East points at Rum Cay are 2 of the best producing fishing areas in the Bahamas. From the marina, you may as well drop the lines when you clear the outer reef. The South-East Point is only a couple miles away and has quietly become one of the best producing Blue Marlin areas in the entire Caribbean. Inshore the free diving and bottom fishing is equally excellent. One of the best features of Rum Cay is its small size, allowing us to fish the leeward side of the island on those otherwise unfishable days
shubhranshu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009     Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonefish, wahoo and blue marlin are the fish which are found in Bahams. www.thebahamian.com, www.oceanmotionbahamas.com and www.bahamasvacationguide.com etc are some companies that conduct fishing tours.
Avdhesh20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009     Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know about fishing, will recommend when i visit bahamas next time.
JohnMig

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009     Post subject: Reply with quote

Slyone, Bahamas has famous fishing charter center for which it is famous for. You can enjoy there bone fishing, offshore fishing, blue marlin, light tackle fishing etc.
Hope you would enjoy your vacation there!

Thanks,
http://www.globester.com/
jckangus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010     Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and my friend make a trip to Bahamas but never done fishing, We are planning to make one more trip within shor period and planned to stay at Bahama Beach Club now the fishing is one more activity to be done on Bahama, this will be my first fishing trip. Thanks for information regarding which fishes are there at Bahamas.
paulmartin483

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010     Post subject: Reply with quote

jckangus wrote:
Me and my friend make a trip to Bahamas but never done fishing, We are planning to make one more trip within shor period and planned to stay at Bahama Beach Club now the fishing is one more activity to be done on Bahama, this will be my first fishing trip. Thanks for information regarding which fishes are there at Bahamas.

You have nice plan. According to me, You have spent two to three nights in the Bahama Beach Club. Bahama Beach is so far and sweet. I am sure that ones you visited it. You will like to spent one more night for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Google
Nelson John

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010     Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rum Cay, Cat Island, San Salvador and Nassau are the best fishing areas in Bahamas. The bone fishing is so famous in Nassau and there are charter boats available for bone fishing and deep sea fishing.
edwerdjames

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010     Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I went to Caribbean last year. I wasnít into fishing before, but now, im hooked (pardon the punn). I stayed there for a short period, so I didn't get to explore it fully, but it was a good break.
nami200

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011     Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's about fishing and scuba diving, the best place would be in Antigua
antony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011     Post subject: Bahamas Islands Reply with quote

The moment your toes touch sand and your gaze meets water, you know youíre in The Islands Of The Bahamas. Itís the comfortable ease, the instant sense of belonging. Itís finding that your departure from everyday life is also your arrival at an extraordinary place within yourself. Welcome.
cyprusholidays

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011     Post subject: Reply with quote

There are number of boats available for fishing..I haven't on boat for fishing..but seen big boats but they will take you to the see and you will have to pay them and some guys will burn your purse. Check thoroughly and get into fishing.
rachard1583

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011     Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that we don't ever get to do in our hectic lives today is getting away from civilization, and enjoying the peace and serenity of a beautiful lonely place. This is why many working individuals prefer to go to a tropical island where there is no sign of any building or crowds. However, this is very hard to get unless you're a millionaire or have some very rich friends who will actually treat you to one of these perfect getaways. But if you really search hard enough you can find some beautiful lodges in the Bahamas which are aimed for people who just want a beautiful place to stay in, with sun, sand and probably some great food.

Apple Vacations
Reply to topic    Caribbean Travel Forums -> Bahamas Islands All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: