Caribbean Vacations
 Register   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Last minute trip to Puerto Rico

Reply to topic    Caribbean Travel Forums -> Puerto Rico

henry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008     Post subject: Last minute trip to Puerto Rico Reply with quote

We have planned a very last minute trip w/ our two older kids to Puerto Rico over the holidays. anymore. We love the beach, but also would like to get out and explore without constantly relying on buses/taxis for restaurants, sightseeing, etc. Which area would you recommend and why? Thanks so much!!
Google
coral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008     Post subject: Puerto Rico Last minute Reply with quote

The Ilse Verde beaches are superior to the ones on the Condado.
Ilse Verde is much more spread out and family oriented. The Condado is closer to Old San Juan and the many restaurants, stores and scenic attractions located there.

When I travel to PR, my wife and I stay on the Condado (Condado Plaza, La Concha, or Marriott) as we visit Old San Juan often.

Distant attractions are accessible from both locations.

Hope this helps.
Stash

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008     Post subject: Puerto Rico Last minute Reply with quote

You'll definitely want to spend some time in Old San Juan. The only times I've visited Puerto Rico I've stayed in Old San Juan, so I can't recommend any hotels on the beach. Howver if you would consider staying in the old town, I could recommend both El Convento and the Sheraton. El Convento is the richer experience, but Sheraton is in a good location and a good value.

The best beaches in PR are probably on the two out islands of Vieques and Culebra. With 5 days you could easily split your time between PR mainland and Vieques. That way you could have amazing beaches, good snorkeling, and the fabulous bioluminescent bay on Vieques and restaurants, museums, culture, architecture, shopping & history in Old San Juan. on Vieques I can recommend the B&B called Hacienda Tamarindo, but there are lots of other good places to stay as well.
alonzamiller

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012     Post subject: Puerto Rico Last minute Reply with quote

Hello..
The place is really very nice for the vacations. I am glad I have been there before with my family and enjoyed a lot. There are so many activities to expereince. You will have a great time being there.
Thomas1122

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012     Post subject: Reply with quote

your chose is very good. I think you like to travel greenery areas where you see the natural beauty. This spot is looking romantic and suitable for youngsters who had marriage newly.
Reply to topic    Caribbean Travel Forums -> Puerto Rico All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: