Caribbean Vacations
 Register   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Sports in Antigua and Barbuda Islands

Reply to topic    Caribbean Travel Forums -> Antigua and Barbuda Islands

aayposter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008     Post subject: Sports in Antigua and Barbuda Islands Reply with quote

Like in many commonwealth countries, cricket is a very popular sport. The 2007 Cricket World Cup was hosted in the West Indies from 11 March to 28 April 2007. Antigua hosted eight matches at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium. Antigua is also a Host of twenty20 Cricket, a game created by Allen Stanford in 2006 as a regional cricket game with almost all Caribbean islands taking part.

Association football is also a very popular sport. Antigua has a national football team albeit inexperienced.

Athletics is also popular. Talented athletes are trained from a young age and Antigua and Barbuda have produced a few fairly adept athletes. Janill Williams, a young athlete with much promise comes from Gray's Farm, Antigua. Also, Sonia Williams and Heather Samuel have represented Antigua and Barbuda at the Olympic Games.
Google
grap6b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008     Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you are right, cricket is very popular in this Island. Actually cricket is very popular in all the carribean islands.
This island has produced one of the greatest players of alltime in cricket- Sir Vivian Richards.
Football, athletics and Rugby are other popular games here.
travel007

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009     Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Rugby is the most popular game in these islands. Cricket is also very famous.
guilherme1118

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009     Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Antigua and Barbuda's national Rugby team ever been to a World Championship edition at least once?
nami200

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011     Post subject: Reply with quote

Cricket and rugby.
Brayn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013     Post subject: Reply with quote

I think volley ball is the best game to play on beach and its provide some extra fun and joy to all . Rugby are also not a bad idea but i prefer volley ball because its my favorite game also and i like it more to play with my friends on beach on a sunny day.
Reply to topic    Caribbean Travel Forums -> Antigua and Barbuda Islands All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: