Caribbean Vacations
 Register   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

What is Grenada like?

Reply to topic    Caribbean Travel Forums -> Grenada

slyone

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008     Post subject: What is Grenada like? Reply with quote

I was just curious about Grenada, and what it was like there? I have heard a lot about it, but have never been. I would like to hear from some people who have been there, and ask if they would recommend it?
Google
mattiailbello

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008     Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything????
dolcevita78

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008     Post subject: Reply with quote

Grenada probably is a must-see place. I would like to learn more about Grenada. I wonder how beautiful Grenada really is. I have seen Grenada only in pictures...
shawn_sg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009     Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello dolcevita,

Grenada is indeed a great place to travel to. In terms of language, English is the main form of communication, although you will still hear and find traces of French and African languages.

In the historical and cultural aspects, there's Independence Day since Grenada gain its own official national identity from Britain on the February 7, 1974. To my understanding, Grenada is well known for its carnival someitme in July or August. The carnival is called Spice Mas , and is one of the trademark celebrations not to be missed

As for Grenada cusine, meals in most mid-level restaurants cost $10(USD) to $25(USD). These prices do not include drinks or tips, so be sure factor in these costs in your budget for such little extra expenses. Tipping is about 10% or more.

Since Grenada has many beautiful beaches, and couples have even opted for romantic beach weddings, it is no surprise that many casual restaurants offer outdoor seating for diners where everyone can enjoy their meal while watching a beautiful island sunset.

National food specialities include food like
Seafood, such as crabs and lambi (conchs).
Calaloo Soup (made from a leafy vegetable similar to spinach)
Oildown -- a national dish which is a stew made with salted meat, breadfruit, onion, celery, carrot, daheen (a root vegetable grown and dumplings all slowly steamed in coconut milk until the liquid is absorbed.

hope this information helps!

shawn
buy travel guides or become a writer and sell your own
marshal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010     Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend visited Grenada and is full of impressions now. Though he was there because of work, but he had the chance of having some holidays and looked through the places of interest.
sabysmith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013     Post subject: Reply with quote

Grenada is a much more lush green isle, more unspoiled, prepared back, natural. The view is stunning. Not the kind of buying or bistros as SXM. persons are very nice, which isn't to state you don't take the usual precautions. Spice Island sandy shore Resort on the calm end of Grand Anse is terrific.

Rafting Side and Antalya
Reply to topic    Caribbean Travel Forums -> Grenada All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: